Thank you for supporting this project!
First goal reached, 5 kits sold! In-Depth code breakdown and 2-eye setup guide coming soon.
15 kits sold, V1.0.1 released, updated code for 2-eye setup, fixed minor bug
22 kits sold, V1.1.0 released, added new "DPad" code for puppeteering applications, fixed minor bugs. Listing deactivated until I finish moving
Project is now active again, with new ideas on the way! STL files and other digital content released.
Two Eyes/Updated Code explanation:
A few tips:
- Bending the linkages can be tough. Take your time, use some patience, and eventually you will get things working smoothly!
- Verify ALL wiring (switches, power, etc.) is correct before attempting to run/power anything with the Arduino.
- If you are running only one eye mechanism, follow the steps in the video using the '1Eye' variants of the programs. If you are running two eyes at once, perform the above First Time Setup procedure using the '2Eye' variants of the programs.
- Do NOT attach any of the servo horns until you are sure each servo is "zeroed" and have run the code to move each one. Here's how to do that:
- With no horns attached, run 'buttonBlink' first. Only after you've successfully run this code and verified the button triggers movement in the correct direction should you actually attach your servo horn and linkages. Repeat for 'lookXY'
- Once you have attached your servo horn and linkages, you will need to modify the limit values (listed at beginning of each sample script) for each servo to make sure everything is moving correctly. This will vary from servo to servo. See instruction videos for more details.